Norfolk Biodiversity Information Service (NBIS) is a Local Environmental Record Centre holding information on species, geodiversity, habitats and protected sites for the whole of the county of Norfolk. NBIS is a member of the Association of Local Environmental Records Centres and operates within the guidelines of the National Biodiversity Network. NBIS functions with guidance from a Steering Group, serving the need for environmental information in Norfolk through the collection, collation, assessment and interpretation of high quality data.
- A single source of environmental information for Norfolk
- Collation of available data for Norfolk
- Validation and evaluation of these data
- Identification of gaps in knowledge – taxonomic, geographical and temporal
- A permanent and secure location for data
- Improved flow of data from individual recorders to users at both local and national levels
- Quick and easy access to information for all.
FOR GENERAL ENQUIRES PLEASE USE OUR CONTACT FORM
FOR DATA ENQUIRY REQUESTS PLEASE CLICK HERE: DATA ENQUIRIES
© NBIS 2024