Norfolk is very fortunate to have an energetic and expert community of voluntary recorders and specialists known as the County Recorder Network. This network has knowledge of almost all plant and animal groups and is co-ordinated largely through the Norfolk and Norwich Naturalists’ Society (NNNS), which was founded in 1869.
- Carry out their own recording
- Receive records from others
- Store records for their ‘group’ on a database
- Validate records (by following up anything clearly doubtful if possible)
- Pass records on to NBIS and to appropriate national schemes and databases.
COUNTY RECORDERS, IF THEY SO WISH, CAN SEND US THEIR RECORDS DIRECTLY BY USING OUR NBIS RECORDING SPREADSHEET and emailing it to email@example.com
For further information on specific species groups (and who to contact), please see the county recorder list on the NNNS website.