- About Us
- Enquiry Service
- Wildlife Surveys
- Grid Square of the Month - TG2311 (Old Catton)
- SUBMIT BRECKS WILDLIFE RECORDS HERE
- Grid Square of the Month - TG3306 (Strumpshaw Fen)
- Submit your Cuckoo records (April/May)
- NBIS Hedgehog Survey
- Norfolk Species Surveillance Network
- Our Wildlife Surveys
- Green Lanes Project
- Action Plans
- Species and Sites
County Recorder Network
Norfolk is very fortunate to have an energetic and expert community of voluntary recorders and specialists known as the County Recorder Network. This network has knowledge of almost all plant and animal groups and is co-ordinated largely through the Norfolk and Norwich Naturalists’ Society (NNNS), which was founded in 1869.
The NNNS suggests a County Recorder should:
- Carry out their own recording
- Receive records from others
- Store records for their ‘group’ on a database
- Validate records (by following up anything clearly doubtful if possible)
- Pass records on to NBIS and to appropriate national schemes and databases.
Photo: Lime Hawkmoth (John Crouch)
For further information on specific species groups (and who to contact), please see the county recorder list on the NNNS website.