Norfolk Biodiversity Information Service (NBIS) is a Local Environmental Record Centre holding information on species, geodiversity, habitats and protected sites for the whole of the county of Norfolk. NBIS is a member of the Association of Local Environmental Records Centres and operates within the guidelines of the National Biodiversity Network. NBIS functions with guidance from a Steering Group, serving the need for environmental information in Norfolk through the collection, collation, assessment and interpretation of high quality data.
- A single source of environmental information for Norfolk
- Collation of available data for Norfolk
- Validation and evaluation of these data
- Identification of gaps in knowledge – taxonomic, geographical and temporal
- A permanent and secure location for data
- Improved flow of data from individual recorders to users at both local and national levels
- Quick and easy access to information for all.
THE NBIS WEBSITE IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION - REQUIRED DUE TO SEVERE SECURITY UPGRADES BEING REQUIRED. We are adding basic pages back and the online recording pages will return very soon. In the mean time please email records to the general email address below until our online recording system is back up and running. MANY THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE, PLEASE RETURN VERY SOON.